Apply for this role
Senior Buyer / Procurement – Great Yarmouth area, Norfolk - £40K-£45K
- Are you looking to progress your purchasing career?
- Would you like to work for an expanding, global manufacturer during an exciting period of growth?
If you a buyer or senior buyer looking for your next challenging opportunity then this could be the role for you. We are recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join a leading manufacturing client of ours. This company is going through a strong period of growth and this new role has arisen at it’s site in Catfield, Norfolk. If you come from a manufacturing background with some proven purchasing experience and pride yourself on your teamwork, communication skills and positive attitude then you are encouraged to apply!
The Job roles and Responsibilities:
As Senior Buyer you will have various responsibilities but the key elements for this role are highlighted below:
- Evaluate cost saving measures in the company supply chain.
- Raise and make amendments to purchase orders.
- You will liaise between the shop floor teams as well as planning and procurement.
- Communication with suppliers for updates on orders
- Lead projects including Vendor Management Inventory (VMI) and dual sourcing.
- Update and maintain the company MRP system.
The Job Requirements:
To be suitable for the role of Senior Buyer you will ideally have the following experience and skillset:
- Previous procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge with IT and Excel ideally
- Project Management experience would be advantageous
- Experience in sourcing a wide range of materials
You will also be someone who has a positive, can-do attitude and a great team player. This is an excellent role which would suit a dynamic buyer or senior buyer.
Perks & remuneration
This company pride themselves on their core values and how they treat their employees. We have worked closely with them for a number of years and have placed many happy individuals at their Norfolk site. The successful candidate for the role of Senior Buyer will receive the following:
- Salary is dependent on experience in the region of £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- The hours are 8:00 – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
- Company pension scheme
If you have any questions regarding this role or wish to discuss your suitability or personal work situation, please do contact us or apply and we can then discuss your requirements and the job role or any others at greater length.