Apply for this role
Do you have experience within the electronics industry?
Have you experience managing a line or a team?
We are currently partnering with global manufacturing company based in Bedford assisting them with their vacancy for a SMT / Surface Mount Technology Supervisor. Quay Recruitment have a strong track record recruiting for this company over many years and this is a great opportunity for a SMT Supervisor to join this global organisation who have manufacturing sites throughout the world and their Bedford site has been established for over 20 years.
The Job roles and Responsibilities:
As SMT / Surface Mount Technology Supervisor you will have the following job roles and responsibilities:
- Have an understanding of all SMT processes and procedures.
- Attend Planning and Production meetings.
- Ensure SMT works to the agreed production schedule, liaising with Logistics & Planning to ensure targets are met
- Identify skill deficiencies & manage task flexibility by cross training & development of staff, keeping training records and development programs updated.
- Ensure 5S is maintained throughout the department including highlighting areas of concern to employees.
- Control time keeping of your team such as breaks etc
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives and activities
- Lead by example with regards to the company’s health and safety guidelines
To be suitable for the position of SMT / Surface Mount Technology Supervisor you ideally have the following experience:
- Solid background in electronic assembly
- Lean & continuous improvement experience
- Surface mount experience
- Leadership of supervisor experience would be desirable or an ambition to step up into a supervisor role
About the company
The successful candidate for the role of SMT / Surface Mount Technology Supervisor will receive the following:
- Salary in the region of £25,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Shift premiums when required to work shifts